Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Messianic Consciousness in Jewish Prophecy (LXXVI) Isaiah

Thus said the Lord: 'Where is this, the bill of your mother's divorce, whom I sent away? Or to which of My creditors have I sold you? Lo, for your iniquities ye have been sold, and for your transgressions has your mother been sent away.” (Isaiah 50:1)

This verse speaks of our bond and relationship with God, and is also a mirror for us to realize the depth of our exile in the darkness of ego's fantasies and illusions. God reminds us again -- this time with a very loving metaphor -- that our estrangement comes from us, not Him.

We are solely responsible for the choices we make and their outcome. He doesn't send us to live in material fantasies and illusions (“our creditors” He calls His own). We have sold ourselves to our own iniquities, sending our consciousness (“our mother”) away from Love's ways and attributes as the material manifestation of God's Love.

Wherefore have I come, and there is no one? I called, and there is none answering. Has My hand been at all short of redemption? And is there not in me power to deliver? Lo, by My rebuke I dry up a sea, I make rivers a wilderness, their fish stink for there is no water, and die of thirst. (50:2)

The Creator reveals His Final Redemption, and there is no one answering. He makes us reflect on this, even questioning if His Redemption is not already quite enough, or that His power to deliver may not be evident. Hence He recalls His total control over all there is.

I clothe the heavens with blackness, and sackcloth I make their covering. The Lord God has given to me the tongue of taught ones, to know to aid the weary by a word. He wakes morning by morning, He wakes for me an ear to hear as taught ones.(50:3-4)

God continues revealing the transformation that awaits the material world and human consciousness, in particular our higher awareness (the heavens) of His Presence. The Prophet doesn't want to leave God's questions unanswered by no one, and he reaffirms his willingness to be the deliverer of God's messages to us in regards to the Final Redemption, as stated at the beginning of Isaiah's book (6:8-9).

The Lord God opened for me the ear, and I rebelled not, backward I moved not. My back I have given to those smiting, and my cheeks to those plucking out, My face I hid not from shame and spitting.(50:5-6)

We must find Isaiah's awareness in ourselves, and what the Prophet represents in our consciousness. Let's understand it as the relentless compelling desire to be attached to the Creator, to which there is no shame, humiliation or suffering capable to break our bond with Him.

And the Lord God gives help to me, therefore I have not been ashamed. Therefore I have set my face as a flint, and I know that I am not ashamed. Near is He who is justifying me, who does contend with me? We stand together, who is my opponent? Let him come nigh unto me.(50:7-8)

The Prophet makes us reflect on the meanings of shame, opposite to living in the awareness that God's Love is our Essence and true identity, for His Love supports, helps and nurtures every aspect and dimension of life. We are in shame living in ego's fantasies and illusions, along with their negative traits and trends, in contrast to living in Love's ways and attributes. The latter fill us and lead us to live the goodness of God's attributes that He wants us to emulate. This goodness makes us as humble as flint stones, for humbleness is the absence of shame or reproach.

While we live in God's ways, He justifies our discernment, thoughts, feelings, emotions, speech and actions. Hence nothing can't be justify except for Love. As long as we are aware of God's Presence in our lives, nothing can be against. In this awareness we can confront and eliminate any negative trait or tendency that may threaten our Essence and true identity, with which we are permanently connected to God.

Lo, the Lord God gives help to me, who is he that declares me wicked? Lo, all of them as a garment wear out, a moth does eat them.(50:9)

As we realize that Love as the material manifestation of God's Love is our intention, motivation and cause for all expressions of life, there is no evil in any form that could come into us and contaminate our consciousness. All kinds of evil turn into a past memory as a worn out garment eaten by moths.

Who is among you, fearing the Lord, hearkening to the voice of His servant, that has walked in dark places, and there is no brightness for him? Let him trust in the Name of the Lord, and lean upon his God.(50:10)

The Prophet invites us to hear the messages God has given to him, particular those of us who have been walking in the darkness or ego's fantasies and illusions. Isaiah asks us to believe that the Light we need to free our consciousness is our returning to God's ways and attributes, to which we must lean on.

Lo, all ye kindling a fire, girding on sparks, walk ye in the light of your fire. And in the sparks ye have caused to burn, from My hand has this been to you, in grief ye lie down!(50:11)

God calls again our attention regarding the fires we create in all levels of consciousness. We get burned by our negative traits and trends, and He reminds us that we are solely responsible for our choices and actions, which bring us down to grief. This ultimately will bounce back to our consciousness forcing us to look for the redeeming Light of the goodness in Love's ways and attributes we are destined to be, have and manifest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From the Book's Foreword

Let's reexamine our ancestral memory, intellect, feelings, emotions and passions. Let's wake them up to our true Essence. Let us engage in the delightful awareness of Love as the Essence of G-d. The way this book is written is to reaffirm and reiterate its purpose, so it presents its message and content in a recurrent way. This is exactly its purpose, to restate the same Truth originally proclaimed by our Holy Scriptures, Prophets and Sages. Our purpose is to firmly enthrone G-d's Love in all dimensions of our consciousness, and by doing it we will fulfill His Promise that He may dwell with us on Earth forever. Let's discover together the hidden message of our ancient Scriptures and Sages. In that journey, let's realize Love as our Divine Essence, what we call in this book the revealed Light of Redemption in the Messianic era.